Your privacy, and that of our staff, are important to us- as is the integrity of your personal information. Our salon Rules of Professional Conduct forbids any staff member from requesting, possessing, or using your personal contact information (email / cell phone / social media details), and may not contact you for any reason other than salon-related business.
In order to ensure an organized, coordinated response to your needs, we especially ask that your booking requests be made via our business emails, website, or via our business telephone ONLY, and NOT via personal texts or calls with your stylist.
PLEASE REFRAIN from requesting or exchanging personal cell, email, or social media details with any staff member.
CLIENT BOOKINGS and
CREDIT CARD INFO
ALL booking requests with salon Associate Staff in general, and with Scott M specifically require a credit card to be held safely on file . This payment information will be held securely on file and may be used for your convenience in the future for "Sign And Dash" payments, special event registrations, and all telephone/email product purchases, pre-orders, special orders and gift certificate purchases. It will also be used to facilitate enforcement of our Cancellation Policy (see below).
We are unable to accommodate same-day cancellations and no-shows. A call in lieu of your attendance is kindly requested 24 hrs prior to your booking and, failing this, a fee will be charged against your bank card on file. Effective Jan 2017 this will be:
- $25 men's haircut
- $40 women's haircut
- 50% of booked color service charges
- 50% of all other anticipated charges not listed above
- Minimum of $25
CREDIT CARD SERVICE FEE
We must unfortunately charge a moderate surcharge of 3% for all client credit/debit card payments to recover similar fees charged by credit card processing companies. As of Oct 2015 this recoup fee was WAIVED for client card payments of less than $50, however effective Jan 2017 this threshold was lowered to charges of less than $25 ONLY.
All credit/debit cards are always welcome, however you are welcome to avoid this nominal processing surcharge when paying via cash or check.
Our automated system will attempt to send you reminders first via email, then text, and finally via an automated phone call, respectively until you confirm your attendance beginning 3 days prior to your appointment. You may cancel any further reminder(s) by confirming your appointment in response to any particular reminder sent.
Please carefully note your planned appointment in your personal calendar. Failure to receive a reminder is not regarded as an excuse for your absence to an appointment scheduled at your request.
Add-Ons, Upgrades and Comments and Additional Policies
- In some instances a small surcharge may be appropriate for your initial or all-over color service related to manual pull-thru, etc.
- "Spill" highlights are offered as an add-on to other, regular color services ONLY and is offered only when combined with such services as an alternative to a second-process full or partial weave. This is limited to 10-12 foils ONLY.
- Up-styles are generally performed on dry, straitened hair please. If a shampoo and blow-dry is also needed a reduced price shampoo/blow-dry charge will be added.
- An additional surcharge for wedding make-up and up-do services may apply.
- Child haircuts are offered for the children of existing clients ONLY. The salon is generally an adults-only environment and some equipment, chemicals, and fixtures may offer a hazard to small children. Owing to liability regulations, infants may never be held in a client's lap during any service (think scissors, razors, chemicals, and hair). Only well-behaved children in the salon please.
- Deep conditioning treatments generally exclude a blow-out and style. For this additional finish, a small surcharge may be appropriate.
- All prices are based on average length and density. Especially long, dense or damaged hair may result in a moderate additional fee.
- We reserve the right to refuse service at our discretion, and all prices are subject to change.
- We are not responsible for personal items lost or left at the salon and assume no liability whatsoever for their loss.
- We ask that audio media playback via tablets, laptops, and telephones be restricted to headphone and earplug use as it conflicts with existing salon music and the resulting cacophony is generally uncomfortable to staff/other clients. If necessary, a headset will be provided for you or your supervised children by the salon, for this purpose.
- We do NOT provide refunds, whole or in part, for professional services rendered. In the unlikely event you are unhappy with your services, we will, at our discretion and the approval of Scott M, offer follow-up services to adjust cuts and/or colors to better accommodate the client's needs, with such services being at no, or very low cost to the client, depending on the nature of the adjustment, the time involved in the follow-up service, and provided the service is in keeping with the original design goal. All such requests for cut/color adjustments must be requested within 3 days of the original service please. Thereafter you agree, and we understand that you are satisfied with your service(s) and subsequent services will be at-cost, at our usual pricing.
- Dogs, cats or pets of any kind are not allowed in the salon, per health code restrictions. Exceptions allowed for children. See above item 5.
- We do not offer "trims-only" or "express" services. All services offered at the salon are full-service at full-tariff pricing. Discounts, wavers, service gifts and other discounts and promos for any services or product sales are at the sole discretion of Scott M and are authorized by him ONLY.
- Salon clients are HEREBY NOTICED to use an appropriate level of caution to avoid slips and falls on the studio floor and stairs, particularly during rain and snow periods. During these times an absorbent wipe rug is provided for your use, and your wet footwear may be exchanged for comfortable and dry booties/slippers before entering the main floor of the studio.
- Retail orders for items not generally stocked, or for expedited orders of items out of stock, require a pre-payment or deposit in advance.
- Pre-Paid Gift cards cannot accepted as payment We are sorry for this inconvenience. Our merchant bank card processor cannot accommodate them.
- We do NOT refund retail purchases, but in the unlikely event you are unhappy with your retail purchase, we will gladly provide you with a retail credit toward other retail purchases- provided the items are returned timely, in good order and are mainly unused.
CELEBRATED UNIQUE PERSONABLE FINALLY
Personal Studio of Fashion Hairdresser Scott M
and His Talented Protégés
801.953.1570 1058 East 900 South Salt Lake City, 84105
Follow Us, Join Us, Like Us, and More
Copyright © M. Scott Salon, LLC
NEVER TEXT, CALL, OR CONTACT VIA SOCIAL MEDIA ANY SALON EMPLOYEE
to create, reschedule, or cancel any appointment
Please, Let's Respect Privacy, Courtesy and
You may find it convenient, but if we're NOT working, we're with our families and friends.
If we ARE working, we're with clients and are focused with that client's needs.
To Create an appointment,Book Online or Call the Salon
To Reschedule or Cancel an Appointment, simply:
Call the Salon
Send us an Email
Respond to any Reminder you've received