Your privacy, and that of our staff, are important to us- as is the integrity of your personal information. Our salon Rules of Professional Conduct forbids any staff member from requesting, possessing, or using your personal contact information (email / cell phone / social media details), and may not contact you for any reason other than salon-related business. Only Scott M or his administrative staff are allowed access to, and use of this information.
From requesting or exchanging personal cell, email, or social media details with any staff member and
don't offer yours to employees.
Requesting or Accepting Your Personal Information
May Result In An Employee's Termination
In order to ensure an organized, coordinated response to your needs, we especially ask that your booking requests be made via our business emails, website, or via our business telephone ONLY, and NOT via personal texts or calls with your stylist.
CLIENT BOOKINGS and CREDIT CARD INFO
ALL booking requests with salon Associate Staff in general, and with Scott M specifically require a credit card to be held safely on file. This payment information will be held securely on file and may be used for your convenience in the future for "Sign And Dash" payments, special event registrations, and all telephone/email product purchases, pre-orders, special orders and gift certificate purchases. It will also be used to facilitate enforcement of our Cancellation Policy (see below).
SAME-DAY CANCELLATIONS and NO-SHOWS
PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL OF OUR TIME
We are a small, private studio with a busy schedule. Short-notice cancellations or reschedules, and "No Shows" are especially destructive to our day. When you ask us to book time on our schedule for your own needs, we pledge to be here, ready and prepared for you. Additionally, when you book time on our calendar you force other clients to seek alternate scheduling arrangements because the day/time has been dedicated to your own services, exclusively.
We are unable to accommodate same-day cancellations and no-shows. A call in lieu of your attendance is kindly requested 24 hrs prior to your booking and, failing this, a fee will be charged against your bank card on file. Effective Jan 2020 this will be:
- Minimum of $25 men's haircut
- Minimum of $40 women's haircut
- 50% of booked color service charges
- 50% of all other anticipated charges not listed above
- Minimum of $75 for color-only, or cut and color services
- Minimum of $30 for booked shamoo + blowouts
- Late Cancel fees are never less than $20 and may be more at the discretion of management and the type of service- particularly if not rebooked.
If appropriate, and at the discretion of management or Scott M, you'll be billed the appropriate charge, and a convenient link will be provided for payment. In the event your bank card is on file, you'll be charged automatically, and a sales receipt emailed to you. In any event charges must be paid within 24 hours of your missed appointment. If you are invited to re-book your appointment, the following will apply:
- A 25% refund will be issued to your client account upon your successful reschedule of your missed appointment. Your reschedule must be made within 3 days of your missed appointment, for a date no further than 3 weeks from the date of your missed appointment.
- An additional 25% refund of your paid charges will be issued (50% total credit), upon your successful attendance of your rescheduled appointment. This will also be issued as a credit on your account, and applied in whole the day of your rescheduled appointment.
If payment is not received, your balance may be forwarded to our attorney for collection. We reserve the right to remove all offered credits should such action be necessary, and the full amount due plus costs of collection (including but not limited to attorney's fees) will be owed.
CREDIT CARD SERVICE FEE
We must unfortunately charge a moderate surcharge of 3% for all client credit/debit card payments to recover similar fees charged by credit card processing companies.
All credit/debit cards are always welcome, however you are welcome to avoid this nominal processing surcharge when paying via cash or check.
Our automated system will attempt to send you reminders first via email, then text, and finally via an automated phone call, respectively until you confirm your attendance beginning 7 days prior to your appointment. You may cancel any further reminder(s) by confirming your appointment in response to any particular reminder sent.
Please be advised that new clients who have received several reminders without confirmation
their first appointment risk having their appointment cancelled.
Please carefully note your planned appointment in your personal calendar. Failure to receive a reminder is not regarded as an excuse for your absence to an appointment scheduled at your request. For your convenience, most text and email correspondence related to your bookings provide you with a convenient link to add your appointment to your own calendar.
Add-Ons, Upgrades and Comments and Additional Policies
- A small, additional surcharge may apply for thermal styling (iron, rod, flat-iron, hot rollers), or extra long/thick hair.
- Your first Bang Trim is complimentary after your haircut. Successive trims are then $15 per visit until your next regular appointment.
- In addition to the Credit Card Surcharge (if appropriate), your final pricing may include deep conditioning treatments with your color or haircut, keratin vial treatments as necessary following a color service, and damage-inhibiting treatments added to your color or lightener. These are generally small surcharges between $5-10 each.
- Each stylist has a minimum charge for "color-only" or "color and cut" services based on 2.5-3.0 hrs per appointment per their earned price point. For Associate stylists, this is approximately $70/hr. The minimum hourly rate for services with Scott M is higher, while apprentice-level services are lower. Should your color service require additional time and materials and exceed the general usual timing for the service booked, or in the event additional services are elected or additional materials are commensurate with the service, a surcharge will be added to to compensate for service overtime, such additional materials as necessary and other misc. charges per your stylists earned price point. ~as of 8/30/2020 and subject to change.
The current minimum charge for color and cut, or color-only related services may be seen here:
- In some instances a small surcharge may be appropriate for your initial or all-over color service related to manual pull-thru, etc.
- "Spill" highlights are offered as an add-on to other, regular color services ONLY and is offered only when combined with such services as an alternative to a second-process full or partial weave. This is limited to 10-12 foils ONLY.
- Up-styles are generally performed on dry, straightened hair please. If a shampoo and blow-dry is also needed a reduced price shampoo/blow-dry charge will be added.
- Child haircuts are offered for the children of existing clients ONLY. The salon is generally an adults-only environment and some equipment, chemicals, and fixtures may offer a hazard to small children. Owing to liability regulations, infants may never be held in a client's lap during any service (think scissors, razors, chemicals, and hair). Only well-behaved children in the salon please.
- All prices are based on average length and density. Especially long, dense or damaged hair may result in a moderate additional fee.
- We reserve the right to refuse service at our discretion, and all prices are subject to change.
- We are not responsible for personal items lost or left at the salon and assume no liability whatsoever for their loss.
- We ask that audio media playback via tablets, laptops, and telephones be restricted to headphone and earplug use as it conflicts with existing salon music and the resulting cacophony is generally uncomfortable to staff/other clients. If necessary, a headset will be provided for you or your supervised children by the salon, for this purpose.
- We do NOT provide refunds, whole or in part, for professional services rendered. In the unlikely event you are unhappy with your services, we will, at our discretion and the approval of Scott M, offer follow-up services to adjust cuts and/or colors to better accommodate the client's needs, with such services being at no, or very low cost to the client, depending on the nature of the adjustment, the time involved in the follow-up service, and provided the service is in keeping with the original design goal. All such requests for cut/color adjustments must be requested within 3 days of the original service please. Thereafter you agree, and we understand that you are satisfied with your service(s) and subsequent services will be at-cost, at our usual pricing.
- Dogs, cats or pets of any kind are not allowed in the salon, per health code restrictions. Exceptions allowed for children and registered support animals. See above item.
- We do not offer "trims-only" or "express" services. All services offered at the salon are full-service at full-tariff pricing. Discounts, wavers, service gifts and other discounts and promos for any services or product sales are at the sole discretion of Scott M and are authorized by him ONLY.
- Salon clients are HEREBY NOTICED to use an appropriate level of caution to avoid slips and falls on the studio floor and stairs, particularly during rain and snow periods. During these times an absorbent wipe rug is provided for your use, and your wet footwear may be exchanged for comfortable and dry booties/slippers before entering the main floor of the studio.
- Retail orders for items not stocked, or for expedited orders of items out of stock, require a pre-payment or deposit in advance.
- We do NOT refund retail purchases, but in the unlikely event you are unhappy with your retail purchase, we will gladly provide you with a retail credit toward other retail purchases- provided the items are returned timely, in good order and are mainly unused.
- VIDEO/PHOTOGRAPHIC ACTIVITY NOTICE: Television, video, and photographic camera crews and individuals may be filming, photographing and/or videotaping areas and/or individuals and groups on site in relation to various general, specific, and ad-hoc events, public and private activities, promotions, parties, and other events including but not limited to general salon activities. All rights therein and all elements and versions including, without limitation, any modified and/or abbreviated versions thereof are the sole property of M. Scott Salon, LLC. If you do not want to be videotaped, photographed, or recorded please inform us immediately. Otherwise, your presence constitutes your consent to be recorded and portrayed in connection with these activities and events and/or for an other purpose whatsoever and you release M. Scott Salon, LLC and/or its agents, employees assigned or approved production companies, and all media and their respective related and affiliated assigns, entities, successors, licensees and representatives from any liability for loss or damage to persons or property or for infringement of any rights, and you expressly authorize and permit the use of your name, voice, and likeness and all reproductions thereof for any purpose whatsoever throughout the world, in perpetuity, and any and all media, and without limitation and without compensation or claim whatsoever.